Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Summer's Promise



8 X 10 inch oil painting on canvas panel.
$250 (Free shipping in the U.S.)



Can you believe this was painted on a sunny and warm day in the middle of January? The weather couldn't have been more perfect.

The day I painted this Greg LaRock had done a demonstration painting for all the members of SOCALPAPA (Southern Calif. Plein Air Painters Assoc.). After he finished he walked around giving advice and offering tips to the artists that stayed to paint. What did he say to me you might be asking? For the first time, he told me that I was doing just fine on my own. That I know what I need to know in order to create a good painting.

Wow, just like that, he pushed me out of the nest and told me to fly.

The February version of my newsletter will be going out tonight. For one week I am offering this painting to my newsletter subscribers at a special price. If you want in, use the newsletter sign-up form on the left side of my blog.

I am also working on another giveaway that will only be offered to my newsletter subscribers.

Upcoming Show
Two of my paintings will be in a group show at Copperwood Artware Gallery. It would be wonderful to meet some of you at the opening reception.

Opening Reception: Feb. 5th 6:00-9:00

Copperwood Artware
148 A North Glassel St.
Orange, CA
Tues. – Sat. 11:00 – 5:00
Sun. 12:00 – 5:00

The show will be hanging Feb. 5th – Mar. 28th

To see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

5 comments:

J Joy Nocifora said...

Wonderful glow about this painting. Love it!

Tracey Mardon said...

WAY TO GO Kim!!! Do you have enough spare bedrooms for all of us? The middle of January? We finally got plowed and I thought that was great!

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Beautiful painting Kim. Good luck with the show.

Marian Fortunati said...

Great painting, Kim!.... Also a great idea to build up a collector base.

Edward Burton said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kim.