Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fajitas in My Future - A Study



6 X 6 inch oil painting on panel.
S O L D

Here is another study for the Daily Paintworks Challenge. This time Carol Marine asked us to mix a new color for each brush stroke. Honestly, about a quarter of the way into this one I hated how it was turning out but then, near the finish, I changed my mind as it actually began to look like a bell pepper had magically appeared on my panel. This is an exercise I plan on repeating because I think it forced me to be more creative in my color choices.

To see more of my work log onto www.KimVanDerHoek.com

12 comments:

martinealison said...

J'aime la manière que vous avez travaillé l'ombre de votre poivron... très belles couleurs.
Bisous

martinealison said...

Je ne sais pas si vous aurez reçu mon commentaire, internet est fou ce soir!
Je vous disais que j'appréciais la manière et les couleurs que vous aviez utilisées pour peindre l'ombre de votre poivron.
Bisous

Linda Popple said...

Love all the colors and seeing your brushstrokes! Great job on this challenge!

J Joy Nocifora said...

I agree... this turned out great! Love the vivid colors! Enjoy your fajitas!

Dana Cooper said...

Nice job on the challenge Kim...I would agree that it makes us use more creative color choices...I will have to do it again soon!

Angela Elledge said...

Love this so very much, can't wait to try this challenge, it looks like so much fun!

Jennie said...

Love the effect! Looks as if jagged pieces of colored light are hovering in place to create the pepper in all its dimensions. Very, very nice.

Chris said...

thanks for commenting on my dpw challenge. I heard you on A-H-A radio show -thanks for all the tips! Your blog is impressive.

Marian Fortunati said...

So Kim...
Does the challenge mean that you cannot use the same color in more than one brushstroke??

I guess subtle changes are a new color aren't they? It turned out well!

Celeste Bergin said...

totally love this

Martha Kisling said...

I love your colors and your brushstrokes. As a watercolorists I am always envious of nice, juicy, thick paint!

r garriott said...

So fresh! Great broad brush strokes.