Thursday, June 16, 2011

Feature Article in Informed Collector



Today the Informed Collector did a feature article about me and my artwork. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally found out. Of course, I had no idea because the kids kept me so busy this morning that I didn't check my email until late afternoon. Because the rewards of being an artist don't include swords, shields or superpowers my kids aren't impressed and don't feel inclined to dismiss me from my snack-fetching duties so that I can read my emails. Luckily, an artist friend told me otherwise, I might have missed it entirely.

Artists who have won awards or placed in the top 15% of the Fine Art Studio Online monthly contest are informed that we might be chosen for a feature. While I haven't won an award from FASO, two of my paintings did make it into the top 15% recently. The paintings were Duomo View and Jewel of the Coast which you can see by clicking on the titles.

To read the entire article click here. A quote from the article, "Plein air work with a lyrical quality and energetic brush work, drawing us in for a long, lingering, introspective visit." They are talking about my artwork, how cool is that?!

7 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Very cool indeed Kim, congratulations!

Julie Hill said...

Kim...so very cool...and so very well deserved!

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Congratulations Kim. Well deserved, your work is outstanding.

Edward Burton said...

Congratulations, Kim! That is very cool.

J Joy Nocifora said...

Congratulations, Kim! Your work is outstanding and this recognition is well deserved!

Martha Kisling said...

Congratulations Kim - that is wonderful and I love their description of your beautiful artwork!

Jennie said...

Awesome! Congrats.