Sunday, July 24, 2011

Laguna Landmark - Original oil painting of Laguna Beach



Titled “Laguna Landmark”
8 X 10 inch oil painting on canvas panel.

S O L D

Recently, one of the painting groups I belong to invited artist Bryan Mark Taylor down to Orange County to do a painting demonstration. Having been a fan of his landscape paintings I made quick childcare arrangements with my husband so that I could be there. While I did meet Bryan at the Sonoma Plein Air Festival in May, I didn’t get to paint with him and when this opportunity came along I had to be there.

His demo. was great to watch. What I found particularly intriguing was how many different ways he uses his brush to apply paint. It’s something I’m now working on incorporating into my own work.

After Bryan painted all of us set our easels up and went to work capturing Laguna. The painting you see here is what I created that day. Hotel Laguna is the large building on the left and the beach is Laguna’s main beach. If you’ve never been to a California Beach I highly recommend Laguna, it is truly breathtaking with it’s palm trees and coastal views.

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Très joli travail... une belle harmonie de couleurs... j'aime l'écume de vos vagues...
gros bisous

Linda Nickles said...

I really like the sense of distance that you have captured here, with a beautiful softness. Very nice!

Julie Hill said...

Kim, lovely piece today! Saw Dori today, yes let's try to scheduled a girls evening or morning....would be fun!