Friday, August 5, 2011

Announcing 2 New Oil Painting Classes



Lately, my students and potential students have been asking me to offer more oil painting classes for them to choose from. Ask and you shall receive!

First, I have a 1-Day In-Studio Workshop on September 17th from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. The cost is $50 plus an optional $10 for art supplies.

This will be a paint-along style class where I talk everyone through each step of the painting while they follow along creating their own version of the same scene. The view I plan on having everyone paint is a beautiful road in Tuscany with some vineyards off to one side. This class is a great way to try out oil painting to see if you like it. Also, with the optional $10 material fee, I would provide all the supplies you need so you don't have a lot of money invested in materials.

The class will be in an art studio in Anaheim. All I would need to reserve your space is a deposit of $25. The workshop is already filling up so, if you are interested please contact me ASAP.

Secondly, I have a new weekly oil painting class that starts on August 15th. The class will be held every Monday night between 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. The cost per class is $35 or $140 pre-paid for 4 classes per month. This class is for beginning to intermediate students. We will paint from both photographs as well as from life. In class I will talk about color mixing, brushwork, composition, values, shapes and how to create the illusion of space on your canvas. Occasionally, I will have the class do a painting exercise and I will also paint a demo. for everyone to see.

Monday night class will be at the
Bear Street Gallery
3851 Bear St.
Santa Ana, CA 92704

Of course, there are still open spaces in both my 3-Day Plein Air Workshop in Laguna Beach and in my Thursday morning oil painting class in Costa Mesa, if you would like to join.

Please contact me at kimvander77@aol.com for more information.

1 comment:

Kasas_Aka said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.