Sunday, June 17, 2012

Honesty - Original Impressionist Style Oil Painting of a Tree - Forest Painting


"Honesty"
14" x 11" Oil on canvas panel.
Available through www.KimVanDerHoek.com

Painted on location during a beautiful spring day - I could hear the leaves rustle in this tree when the breeze would stir. The leaves on this tree had just emerged from their buds and were a lovely shade of green.

This quiet spot is located in the Irvine Regional Park in Orange, California. I set out that morning to paint a portrait of a tree to further my understanding of their structure. What you see is my response to this subject the morning I created this, it’s an honest interpretation of what I saw that day, hence the title – “Honesty.”

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Une très belle interprétation de la nature... J'aime les arbres.
Vos nuances de couleurs sont très belles.

Gros bisous à vous.

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful color palette.

Kamara Larry said...

You have a beautiful use of light in your work!!! I have not done any plein air painting myself but your work makes me feel inspired.
Thank you!!!

Stephanie Berry said...

I looked at this blown up. That letting the white show through a bit adds to the glittering light. Nice!

Giancarlo said...

Molto bello il tuo quadro, brava!felice giornata a Te...ciao