Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Autumn Riverbed - Original Oil Painting of Trees and a Riverbed - Fall Colored Oil Painting

"Autumn Riverbed" - 9" x 12" - Oil on canvas panel. 
©2012 By Kim VanDerHoek

A while ago I met two friends, Dori Dewberry and Greg LaRock, at the Irvine Regional Park in Orange for an outdoor painting session.

In spring the riverbed usually has water in it but during our hot summer weather it evaporates and stays dry until the rains come. It is still a beautiful painting spot and I enjoy going there to see the trees begin to change color in the fall.

All three of us painted different versions of this same view. I always enjoy seeing the unique way each person interprets the scene, it always gives inspires me to think outside of my comfort zone and to try new ideas. You can see Dori's painting by clicking here.

No comments: