Monday, April 29, 2013

Can You Hear Dawn Cracking? - Plein Air Outdoor Painting in Laguna Beach California - Outdoor Beach Painting

My desk - so much to do....

Sunday morning after attending two art shows in one night it was time to get back to the office and work! I made plans with coworkers Dori Dewberry and Greg LaRock to paint in Laguna beach at the tide pools. In order to get to this spot there has to be an extremely low tide. Sunday the tide was it's lowest at 6:00 a.m. The three of us agreed to meet at 6:30 a.m.

I thought, great, I'll get to do a beach painting just after the sun has risen. Yeah right! As you can see it was overcast. Not that I'm complaining, I mean my office for the morning was beach front property with a stunning view.

My painting was almost finished when the tide came back in and we had to scoot out of there before our exit was blocked by crashing waves. So we threw our gear back into our bags, scampered over slick rocks, dodged hermit crabs and climbed a lot of stairs to avoid swimming home.



My coworker Dori Dewberry working in oils by the tide pools. I am amazed that she is able to get her values right with those sunglasses on but, somehow she manages!



Greg LaRock looks like he is having WAY too much fun, doesn't he know this is serious business? Didn't he get the memo? Maybe I should report him to human resources....

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Les lunettes de soleil pour l'une, les gants pour l'autre !... Etonnant ! et à la fois c'est ce qui fait nos différences.
Un lieu stratégique, où chacun de vous à dû se faire plaisir.
gros bisous et merci pour ce très joli partage.