Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pier Patterns - Original Oil Painting of San Clemente Beach Pier - Architecture Painting - Pier Painting

"Pier Patterns" | 8" x 8" | Oil on canvas panel.
Available at www.KimVanDerHoek.com
©2013 by Kim VanDerHoek

A few weeks ago I went down to San Clemente beach to paint. I'd never been to that location before and thought it was time to give it a try.

The beach itself is not as exciting as Laguna Beach or Crystal Cove State Beach but, it has a fantastic pier with pilings that splay out at and angle underneath. The building you see on the beach is a lifeguard tower.

The challenge with this location is that it's been painted by local artists a lot. I wanted to try a view I haven't seen painted before (although I'm sure I'm not the only artist to paint this view), also see if I could work out an interesting design and I wanted to capture several waves coming in.

It was a fun location that I would like to revisit again.

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Un lieu très certainement intéressant... Un endroit qui vous a agréablement bien inspirée...
Cette peinture est sublime, bon travail.
Gros bisous

Susan Roux said...

It a very powerful piece. Well done!