Wednesday, December 11, 2013

On the Way Home - Original Oil Painting of a Farm Road - Farm Painting - Sonoma Farm Painting - California Road Painting

"On the Way Home" | 22" x 28" | Oil on stretched canvas
Available at www.KimVanDerHoek.com
©2013 by Kim VanDerHoek
 
 
This view is of a rural road in Sonoma County, California. I painted a small 6" x 8" version of this scene while on location there in 2012. The small painting was shown at a local art show and was very popular until it sold to a nice man from the area. I thought the view would be even stronger if I added clouds behind the hillside so I painted another small version with the clouds to see if my idea worked. Here is what the small version looks like.


I was happy with the addition of the clouds and decided I wanted to paint a 22" x 28" version. It was fun working on the larger painting and figuring out where to add a little extra detail.

1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo said...

This IS a beauty!
NICE SALE!