Thursday, December 12, 2013

Possibilities - Original Oil Painting of a Boat - Rowboat Oil Painting - Balboa Island Rowboat - Newport Beach Painting - 2013 Studio Sale

"Possibilities" | 9" x 12" | Oil on canvas panel
(Price includes Priority Mail shipping. CA residents will have sales tax added to their total.)

Available at www.KimVanDerHoek.com
©2013 by Kim VanDerHoek

This little rowboat lives on Balboa Island in Newport Beach, California. They are a popular subject with local painters like myself. There are several colorful rowboats that I've painted several times and I've gotten to know them quite well. Some of these little boats have names and some are so familiar in shape and color that I can spot them in other artist's paintings. When that happens it feels like I've just spotted an old pal in a friend's photograph.

1 comment:

Carol Hopper said...

This is beautiful Kim. Living in the desert away from water and boats, I can enjoy your environment through your wonderful paintings.