Sunday, April 6, 2014

Patches of Light - Original Oil Painting of a Boathouse - Plein Air Easton Painting - Plein Air Easton Artist

"Patches of Light" | 9" x 12" | Oil on canvas panel | ©2013 | SOLD

Here's one I forgot to post last year that I painted during Plein Air Easton. This was one of the vanishing landscapes we were encouraged to paint and from what I understood the boathouse was going to be demolished and replaced.

This was one of my first paintings from the week-long event and the day before it had been raining. While all of us artists hoped the clouds would depart quickly, I was lucky enough to catch them in morning light while they were moving out of the area. As I finished the clouds were gone and the sky turned blue.

This piece is an example of what I really love about plein air painting, capturing those fleeting and unique moments that occur in the landscape that never happen in exactly the same way again. For me, it is both a privilege and an honor to witness them.

I am thrilled to announce that I will again be a participating artist at Plein Air Easton 2014. This event is unlike any other and I am looking forward to seeing some of my east coast friends there and returning to the area to paint (in spite of the heat, humidity and bugs). Plein Air Easton takes place July 12-20th.


No comments: