Sunday, May 18, 2014

Harvest Moon Rising - Original Oil Painting of the Moon - Sonoma Valley of the Moon Painting - Living Room Art - Bedroom Art - Wall Art

 ”Harvest Moon Rising” | 9" X 12" | Oil painting on canvas panel 
©2014 by Kim VanDerHoek

While in Sonoma Plein Air last year I was out painting right up until dusk. Just after packing up my outdoor painting gear the Harvest Moon rose into the sky. Since the light was quickly fading and I knew I wouldn't have enough time to get setup again, I snapped a photo of this view for reference so that I could recreate my impression of it in the studio. The color in the sky was absolutely amazing and the subtle colors of the earth were a nice counterpoint. Of course, the moon stole the show.

These are the moments outdoor painters live for and sadly, many of them are fleeting. I feel very lucky to have been able to witness this beautiful moment.

No comments: