Quiet Day at the Cove - Original Oil Painting of the Crystal Cove Cottages - Crystal Cove Painting


"Quiet Day at the Cove" | 11" x 14" | Oil on canvas panel.
Available at www.KimVanDerHoek.com
©2013 by Kim VanDerHoek

This painting was part of the Springtime Magic Show at the Crystal Cove Gallery which just ended today. It was painted on location (en plein air) and I have to say that is was a beautiful day to be painting on the beach.

During the opening reception for the show at Crystal Cove there were many artists, collectors and art supporters in attendance. John Stern the director of the Irvine Museum was there and he made his way over to tell me that he really liked "Quiet Day at the Cove" (pictured above). He went on to say that he would have given mine an award if the show had been juried and he was the judge. 

Needless to say, his words were award enough and put me on cloud nine. Many of the artists in the gallery are painters I've looked up to over the years and there are some truly beautiful pieces of art in the show. I am happy to be part of such a good group and even more thrilled that Mr. Stern liked my painting. He is an expert in the field of impressionist landscape painting and has seen hundreds of works through the years so, I was very honored.

Comments