Laguna Morning Light - Original Oil Painting of Laguna Beach California - Beach Painting - Heisler Park Painting

"Laguna Morning Light" | 11" x 14" | Oil on canvas panel.
©2013 by Kim VanDerHoek

Here's another painting completed during the Laguna Plein Air Invitational event in October. I started painting this view very early in the morning. My easel was set up along the walkway in Heisler Park which is a popular spot for strolling.

The shadows on the beach didn't stick around for very long and I made the a decision at the start of my process to include them. It always amazes me at how quickly a scene like this changes at the very beginning and end of the day. I am forced to make fast choices and go with my gut response which keeps me from noodling around too much.

Comments

Linda Popple said…
Beautiful! I love the shadows.
martinealison said…
Bonjour,

Cette dernière peinture est vraiment très forte... J'aime la profondeur que vous avez magnifiquement bien su traduire. De très belles nuances de couleurs.
Gros bisous