Rural Route - 6x6 Original Oil Painting of a Canyon - Living Room Decor - Wall Decor - Family Room Art

"Rural Route" | 6" x 6" | Oil on canvas panel 
Available at www.KimVanDerHoek.com
©2013

Painted on location early one morning in Blackstar Canyon, California.

Meeting up with a few friends one morning paint in Blackstar I arrived later than everyone because I was dropping my kids off at school. When I got to our meeting spot everyone was finishing up their first paintings of the day. I knew I needed to keep my painting small so that I didn't finish hours after my friends and I was looking for a view that would make a successful larger painting when I came across this scene.

While it was a quick painting session I was happy with how it turned out and returned a day or two later to create a larger 16" x 16" version, which you can see below (I posted it here some time ago).

"Hillside Passage" | 16" x 16" | Oil on canvas
©2013

Comments