In Suspension - Contemporary Painting - Contemporary Art - Modern Art - Mid Century Modern Decor


"In Suspension" 18"x24" oil and pencil on panel
Avaliable at www.KimVanDerHoek.com

Remember those small paintings on paper I wrote about a few posts back? No? Well, here's the link.

This piece came from one of those small paintings on paper. Besides a bridge obsession I also have a thing for chairs. Weird? Yes, I'm aware of that.

The fact is I've always loved a well-designed chair. I'd collect them if they didn't take up so much space. If there was a chair museum, I'd go. I'd go often.

As for this painting, it is one in a series of chair paintings. In this group of work I've experimented with different color palettes, edge treatments and texture. It's been a wonderful learning process and I find all the implications about waiting, loss and potential in a simple chair interesting enough to explore further.

Here are a few detail shots





Comments